Mr. Anderson, as we respectfully call him, was quite a significant character in turn-of-the century Tampa. He came to Tampa to serve as pastor of the First Methodist Church. In 1893, he resigned to accept a position as receiver for Tampa’s Gulf National Bank. Mr. Anderson was able to save the bank and completely turn it around. He then joined several prominent Tampa citizens in organizing the Exchange National Bank of Tampa in March, 1894. According to a local newspaper article several years ago, Mr. Anderson “also served as president of the Manatee County State Bank in Palmetto, the Tampa Board of Trade and was a director of the Ybor Building and Loan Association. He was a member of the Tampa City Council, the Board of Public Works and Hillsborough Masonic Lodge. He served as Inspector General on the staff of Florida Governor William Bloxham.” Mr. Anderson was also the financial agent for the city of Tampa and is credited with turning around the financial fortunes of the city.